When the holiday dinner cooking is in full swing the real estate in my oven and on the stovetop becomes more valuable than a central park view penthouse.
I love entertaining and filling the house with family, friends and the delicious smells of roasting turkey, sage and sausage stuffing, warm cranberry and orange compote, coconut pecan pie, pumpkin pie, roasted sweet potatoes, three cheese macaroni & cheese and homemade yeast rolls. Then of course everyone who shows up at my house likes to contribute their favorite dished so there is rewarming and finishing off that needs to be done.
Everyone who has prepared a holiday meal knows that having an extra oven or stove top would be a dream. That’s why I turn to 2 of my favorite Ronco products to help in the kitchen for my holiday dinner cooking. I will delegate the turkey or a fresh ham to my rotisserie oven, and rely on my Ready Grill for some appetizers and sides. With the addition of these two kitchen warriors I don’t care if my mother in law opens and closes the oven 12 times to check on her green bean casserole.
This holiday season I’ll be using my Ready Grill for these Lemon & Garlic Charred Brussels Spouts.
Brussels sprouts have been cultivated since the 16th century and are in season from August to March. Pick sprouts that are bright green in color and have tightly packed leaves. These delightful little cruciferous veggies are high in vitamins A and C as well as iron.
Lemon & Garlic Charred Brussels Spouts
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 8-10 minutes
1 ½ lb. Brussels sprouts, medium to large
½ cup olive oil
1 tablespoons Italian seasoning
2-teaspoons garlic powder
½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Trim and clean Brussels sprouts by cutting off the bottom and peeling off the first 3-4 outer leaves. Cut Brussels sprouts in half.
- Put the Brussels sprouts into medium-sized bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Preheat your Ronco Ready Grill
- Using a slotted spoon put Brussels sprouts on the Grill Basket. Set aside your bowl for later. There will still be some liquids leftover that will flavor your Brussels sprouts.
- Grill Brussels Spouts for 8-10 minutes. When done, they will be browned and have charred edges.
- Pour the Brussels sprouts back into your bowl with left over olive oil and spices and toss to season. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.