The autumn holidays are right around the corner, first out of the gate being Halloween. I love this time of year and love Halloween, but all the sugary treats really start to add up…. especially around the waist. That’s why I created these healthy Carrot Cake Dehydrator Cookies. These delicious cookies are no bake, gluten-free, raw (if you substitute the maple syrup for agave syrup) and vegan. They are such a healthy treat no one will miss the processed stuff. I may even bring these to my daughter’s elementary school fall festival as a healthy alternative; although I don’t think I am brave enough to pass them out as trick or treats at the door.
To make these Carrot Cake Dehydrator Cookies, simply mix all the ingredients together and dehydrate the cookies in our classic dehydrator for about 4 hours. Bonus, the house will smell like fall while they are dehydrating.
Carrot Cake Dehydrator Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, chopped
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. cloves
- 1/8 tsp. allspice
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- In a medium sized bowl add almond flour; mix in carrots, raisins, and spices. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in wet ingredients; almond extract, maple syrup, and coconut milk. Thoroughly mix all ingredients to form a paste like consistency.
- Line one tray of your turbo dehydrator with parchment paper.
- Form silver dollar sized carrot cake cookies and place onto parchment-lined tray. Your yield will be around 20 cookies.
- Dehydrate for 4 hours at 125 degrees. Rotate tray once or twice during dehydrating process.
- The cookies are done when they are firm yet sill moist.
Store refrigerated in an airtight container