The best thing about having a Showtime Rotisserie at home is the possibility of creating so many different flavors of rotisserie chicken. Forget about the regular lemon pepper or barbecue store-bought rotisserie chicken. How about this delicious Chili Lime Cilantro Rotisserie Chicken recipe for a flavorful change of pace.
Chili Lime Cilantro Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 5-6 pound whole chicken
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1/2 sweet onion (yellow or white) loosely chopped
- 3 limes
- 1/4 cup salted butter room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by patting your chicken dry.
- Stuff cavity of chicken with 2 limes (squeeze the juice into the bird then throw the limes in too), onion and a handful of cilantro.
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, chili powder, onion powder and juice of the last lime.
- With your fingers, gently loosen chicken skin from meat. You can loosen skin all the way to the legs.
- With your fingers or small spoon, evenly spread chili lime rub onto chicken meat under the skin. Get it as evenly distributed as possible
- Salt and pepper the chicken skin to taste.
- Truss your chicken making sure that the legs are securing the ingredients inside of the cavity.
- Cook in your rotisserie for 13 minutes per pound of chicken.
- 3-4 times during the cooking process, I recommend brushing your chicken with the butter that has run off into the drip pan. This will give your chicken a nice, even color.
- Let it rest 15 minutes before carving.