Gluten-Free Spiced Rotisserie Apple “Pie”
Cook time: 15 minutes Serves: 8
Today is National Apple Day; however just as the doctor said everyday is a good day for apples. Did you know that apples are the most widely grown tree fruit around the world? And how about that there are more than 7000 varieties of apples?
Apples are just so delicious, nutritious and to me the perfect fall food.
With the holidays around the corner I wanted to share this easy 15-minute “Rotisserie Apple Pie” recipe.
For all the deliciousness of home baked apple piejj with out all work try this
easy recipe your Ronco Rotisserie basket (included with your rotisserie.)
This recipe serves 8-10 so it is a great quick warm homemade dessert to serve when you have a gathering. Recently we had some guests who are strictly gluten-free so I came up with this dessert to satisfy my pie craving while offering guests a gluten free option without having to put in too much fuss.
To make this a gluten-free dessert is sure to purchase gluten-free ice cream, caramel sauce, and ginger snaps. Of course if that’s not what you are concerned about just make this without gluten free products.
- 4 Small to medium Honey Crisp Apples (these guys can get pretty big so choose tennis ball sized apples)
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 16 Gingersnaps (gluten free)
- Jar of gluten free caramel sauce
- Pecans (about 1 cup)
- Vanilla ice cream (make sure it’s gluten free)
- Coconut Oil Spray
- Slice apples in half and remove core with melon baller. Place Apples onto your Rotisserie basket.
- Lightly spray with coconut oil. Sprinkle each apple half with equal parts of pumpkin pie spice, top with a spoonful of brown sugar.
- Cook in your rotisserie for 15 minutes, or until apples are brown and looking delicious.
- While your apples are cooking make whipped cream. In a clean dry bowl add 1 cup of cold heavy whipping cream, beat until soft peaks form. Add in ½ cup of confectioners sugar and a pinch of ginger, mix on low to incorporate.
- To serve crumble 1 ginger snap cookie on to serving plate, top with apple, caramel sauce, ice cream, pecans and gingered whipped cream. Serve warm