Peruvian chicken is a delicious & flavorful dish that's a favorite in Latin America. This dish was once only reserved for Peru's wealthy, but is now a staple on the Puervian menu.
Now-a-days many places in the United States have great Pollo a la Brasa restaurants that serve this dish, but why not enjoy it at home? This recipe is perfect in your Showtime Rotisserie.
Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 whole chicken 4-5 pounds
- ½ 12-ounce beer (use your favorite flavored beer)
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic gloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1-teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-tablespoon sweet paprika marinade
- 1-teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Make marinade by combining all ingredients into a large mixing bowl or XL Ziploc bag propped up in a mixing bowl
- Add chicken to marinade and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 48 hours. Turn your chicken a few times during marinating.
- Remove chicken from marinade and season with garlic powder, sweet paprika, cumin and salt and pepper to taste.
- Truss your chicken by tying legs and wings to body of chicken
- Place on to Showtime Rotisserie Spit and cook for 12 minutes per pound or until your chicken reaches 165°