As those summer days draw on and the temptation to stay out at the pool for just another hour takes over, it’s nice to have some quick and hassle-free dinners to have in your recipe files. Here’s one to add to your menu rotation; Quick and Easy Rotisserie Chicken Piccata dinner that literally takes you 3 minutes to prep. Cooked in your Showtime Rotisserie using the Multipurpose Basket, there’s no need to stand over the stove tending to your dinner! Just get it started and move on to enjoying those summer evenings.
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds chicken thighs with skin (8 thighs)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 Lemons, sliced in to ¼ inch wheels
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- Salt to taste
- Any Ronco Rotisserie
- Multipurpose Rotisserie Basket
- Season both sides of chicken thighs with dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Layer your Multipurpose Basket with lemon wheels, then top sliced lemons with chicken thighs.
- Close Multipurpose Basket and place on to rotisserie spit.
- Place basket into Showtime Rotisserie with the skin facing heating elements. Set function to sear for 15 minutes to crisp up the skin.
- After searing for 15 minutes, set to roast mode for additional 25-30 minutes.
- To make piccata sauce, place all ingredients into a metal bowl and set on top of rotisserie oven 5 minutes before timer goes off to melt butter. (If you don’t have a metal bowl, a small saucepan will do just fine- just don’t use plastic or glass. Also, putting all of the sauce ingredients into your Ronco Rotisserie Steamer basket works just fine!)
- Serve chicken with sauce and a few lemon slices. I like to put the sauce on the plate first and top with the chicken to preserve the nice, crispy skin.
How easy is that?